Post by Pearl on Dec 8, 2012 14:58:07 GMT -5
Celebrate the flavors of the season but keep this fall a “slimming one.” This is easy to do by using our science smart ingredients in our FAT STRIPPING FRAPPA (page 240). Olivia and Mariah (the two
wonderful girls working in the rubies office) and taking your THM orders have come up with this delicious fall recipe tweak on our original recipe. We hope you enjoy! - Pearl
Basic Ingredients: unsweetened almond milk, water, ice, glucomannan powder, vanilla, sea salt, stevia,
100% pure pumpkin puree (this is easy to find at Walmart, just check for no added sugar), whey protein
powder, pumpkin pie spice
1) Place in blender ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk and ¾ cup water.
2) Add 2 heaping TBS 100% pure pumpkin puree, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, ¼ tsp NuNaturals Liquid Vanilla Stevia OR 6 packets of TRUVIA, OR a few shakes of NuStevia concentrate extract, a scant ½ tsp glucomannan, and 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have this you can just use cinnamon).
3) Blend well before adding about 10-12 ice cubes.
4) Blend on high using a handy wooden spoon to help stir the thick mixture. Don’t get it too close to the blades. Void this step if using a Vitamix or other high end blender.
5) Add 1 scoop whey protein powder (we use Swanson Premium Brand whey protein) and blend again for a little longer watching the fluff magic take place. Taste again to see if more sweetener is need before pouring into a quart glass jar.
ALWAYS taste your end result and adjust if you are not satisfied with it! If your frappe tastes a little watery, it probably needs a pinch more sea salt (salt really helps to round out the flavor and give it a fuller taste) and a touch more stevia. Personally, I find NuNaturals Liquid Vanilla stevia to yield the best results for my frappes. I’m a little bit of a sweet tooth so I would probably use ¼ of a tsp plus a touch more, but I understand not everyone likes it as sweet as I do so feel free to adjust this to your liking. The best advice I could give you is to play around with the recipe a little until you get it to your personal liking. I also don’t like my frappes TOO icy, which is why this recipe has a little more liquid and a little less ice. Be creative and remember to ALWAYS taste and adjust : )